Simplecom SE482 SuperSpeed USB Dual Bay 3.5" SATA Hard Drive RAID Enclosure USB-C RAID 0/1, JBOD
SE482 a dual bay 3.5" SATA hard drive enclosure with 4 operating modes, providing various RAID and storage configurations. It can be used to house and manage two 3.5" SATA hard drives externally.
• Convenient and Fast USB-C Interface
Featuring a reversible SuperSpeed USB-C interface to meet the needs of the flexibility and convenience, and you can connect it to your computer with USB-C or USB-A port, supporting SuperSpeed data transfer rate up to 5Gbps.
• Durability and Reliability
Aluminum housing for superior heat dissipation and featuring a built-in 5CM silent cooling fan, to ensure efficient cooling for your hard drives during extended operational periods, also provides features for optimal performance and reliability, like temperature controlled fan and auto sleep function.
• Four Operating and RAID Modes
This enclosure offers various operating modes, including RAID 0, RAID 1, Large (JBOD) and Normal (Independent) modes. It provides flexibility in terms of storage configuration or data redundancy needs.
NORMAL: Enclosure operates as a standard external hard drive enclosure with no RAID configuration, treating each drive as an independent storage device. Two hard drives show separate drive letters on computer.
LARGE (JBOD): In this mode, the drives are presented as a single large drive with no redundancy or striping. e.g. combine 2x 5TB drives to a single 10TB drive. It will merge capacity of 2 hard drives and makes it easy to manage.
RAID 1: Disk mirroring mode, providing data redundancy and fault tolerance. It's the replication of data to two HDDs, which makes files can be restored easily when one hard drive is faulty.
RAID 0: Disk striping mode, dividing data into blocks and spreading the data blocks across two HDDs. This will increase reading and writing speed, but it is not recommended for storing important data. One faulty hard drive will incur loss of entire data.
This dual-bay 3.5" hard drive enclosure is a versatile storage solution that offers various RAID configurations, fast data transfer, durability, and features to help manage and protect your data, making it a convenient solution for expanding storage capacity, enhancing data security, or configuring drives to suit different needs.
- Dual bay 3.5" SATA hard drive enclosure with 4 operating modes
- Connect two 3.5-inch SATA hard drives simultaneously
- Support RAID 0, RAID 1, Large (JBOD) and Normal modes
- USB-C interface support SuperSpeed data transfer rate up to 5Gbps
- Auto sleep function, helping to extend the lifespan of HDDs
- Temperature controlled fan for optimal and silent operation
- Aluminium case for durability and excellent heat dissipation
- Plug and play, no additional driver software required
- LED light indicates RAID mode and HDD activity status
- Model: SE482
- Interface: USB-C (USB 3.2 Gen1)
- Transfer Rate: up to 5Gbps
- HDD Support: 2x 3.5" SATA HDD (no capacity limit)
- Operating Modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, Large, Normal
- Cooling Fan: 5CM (Temperature controlled, only runs when above 48°C)
- Main material: Aluminium, ABS Plastic
- Power Input: DC 12V3A
- Dimensions: 184 x 143 x 65mm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 530g (without HDD)
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and above, Mac OS 10.8 and above
- 1x Dual Bay HDD RAID Enclosure
- 1x Power Adapter
- 1x USB-C to USB-A Cable
- 1x USB-C to USB-C Cable
- 1x Screws set
- Please read the user manual carefully before using the product
- Changing of RAID mode will erase ALL data on hard drives, please backup important data before changing of RAID mode
- Temperature controlled fan turns on automatically only when temperature is above 48°C