We all know HDMI transmits both video and audio through the single cable. This adapter is the ideal solution when we would like to output the audio through an external speaker system with analog or optical input, also when an older audio system without HDMI input. Simplecom CM423 HDMI audio extractor enables a user to extract the embedded audio from an HDMI source and output audio separately on either an analog stereo audio connector or a digital optical SPDIF connector. The video stays within the existing HDMI signal and can be sent on to the DVI or HDMI display.
This little adapter can be placed behind your AV hardware and powered by USB, which can take power from included wall charger or an available USB socket on your TV, Media Player or PC. CM423 meets the HDMI v1.4b standards with 4K x 2K support, which is ideal for home theatre Blu-ray and streaming video content at Ultra HD, as well as 1080p 3D and 2D down to standard-definition.
- Convert 1 HDMI input to 1 HDMI + (SPDIF + 3.5mm or R/L) audio output
- Ideal solution for connecting external speaker system with analog or optical input, or older audio system without HDMI input
- Powered by USB (5V/500ma), Mini USB Power Cable and Wall Changer included
- Simultaneous audio output to both audio outputs (HDMI Audio Splitter)
- HDMI 1.4 Compliant and supports Ultra HD 4K x 2K Resolution
- Supports compressed audio such as DTS Digital / Dolby Digital and uncompressed LPCM audio
- Input: 1x HDMI Input
- Audio Outputs: 1x SPDIF (Optical), and 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Audio (Analog)
- Video Output: 1x HDMI output (HDMI pass-through)
- HDMI resolution support: 2160p @ 30Hz / 1080p @ 50/60 Hz / 1080i / 720p /1576i / 480p / 480i
- Max Bandwidth: 340 MHz
- Max Baud Rate: 10.2 Gbps
- Input/Output TMDS signal: 0.5~1.5Volts p-p (TTL)
- Input/Output DDC signal: 5Volts p-p (TTL)
- Max working current: 500mA
- HDMI 1.4b compliant
- HDCP 1.4 compliant
- Dimension: 60 x 54 x 20mm (LxWxH)
- 1x HDMI Audio Extractor
- 1x 0.5M HDMI Lead
- 1x USB Power cable
- 1x 3.5mm to 2RCA(R/L) Adapter
- 1x USB Wall Charger
- 1x User Manual
Source device will send 2CH PCM stereo audio in HDMI which can be converted to 2CH analog stereo and output via 3.5mm stereo (SPDIF and HDMI also have stereo audio output at the same time)
Source device to send Dolby Digital / DTS which can be extracted via SPDIF out, also the RCA L/R output will not have sound if incoming audio is multi-channel audio (>2CH). Please note SPDIF does NOT support 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus. 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus in HDMI signal will not be extracted and SPDIF will not have sound. Please use Stereo Mode for audio extraction for Roku or Chromecast.
Note: Turn Off Dolby Digital Plus
Because TOSLINK (SPDIF) does not support Dolby Digital Plus, you need to turn off Dolby Digital Plus function of the input devices.